Tuesday, June 3, 2014

It's been awhile...

Well it seems I feel off the blog wagon! I was doing so good with keeping it up to date and that all just went out the window. 
I am not sure where to start with what has been going on so I guess I will go with the most recent events.

As most of you know last Saturday I said goodbye to life In Cali and started my journey back to Michigan. 
If you have ever had to travel and use the "aisle chair" to get on the plane you will understand my frustration after the whole plane was boarded then they decided we would have to switch planes. And then when I finally got off the plane I then got to sit in that annoying chair for over an hour while they got the new plane ready because my walker and chair were already on the plane! 

Anyhow I barely slept on the plane and noticed I had been feeling twitchy and then my ankles swelled up huge! I am not sure if it was the Airplane or sitting in that uncomfortable position for so long or what but it was quite terrible! The strong man who pushed me down to the baggage claim along with my luggage though he was pretty awesome! 

Today I woke up and swore my foot was broken. It felt like a mix between a terrible Charlie horse and like when I joint gets really stiff and you need to pop it. I literally cried when I stood up. So I've been icing and elevating and trying to take it easy. I guess I have pretty much been going nonstop for the last week and a half. 
Maybe my body is just tired. 

I'm still waiting to hear of bcbs has accepted my application for insurance. 
I requested my records be sent over to super neuro awhile back and also waiting to hear if he's received them. 
I have a tentative appointment for July 9 and hoping I can still keep it. 

The doctor said my next option would be chemo as I have talked about before in here. I'm still unsure if I want to take that step. I'm not worried so much about losing my hair but the idea of losing all bladder function doesn't sound appealing to me. Neither does a creepy brain virus that you could potentially die from. I mean I just don't know if the risks are worth it. Guess we will see what the new neuro thinks. 

These past few days have been a whirlwind I keep forgetting what day it is! Between the red eye flight and the extra pill I took for my foot I feel a bit spacey! 

I do have to say that I have really enjoyed seeing everyone these past few days, although there are definitely people I am missing a lot right now too. 
Trying to stay positive with everything because being a sad panda will get me no where! 

I truly hope you are all doing well ! 

Xo

No comments: