Sunday, April 13, 2014

Music <3

Sometimes when I get in an emotional funk I like to drown myself in music.
I go back through all the old albums that at one point I felt defined me. 
The words can cut deeply and leave my heart bleeding once more. 
A song has such power to invoke so many different emotions. 
Sometimes you remember the exact feeling you had when you first heard it. 
The reason why you related to it, fell in love with it and played it over and over again on repeat. 

The rain on the windshield, glow of the stereo
Cigarette pressed between my lips as I took the long way home. 
Cool crisp air on my face, tears welled in my eyes as I sang along. 
Sometimes the long way home turned into the even longer way home.  

Tonight I listened to a lot of music.
Cleared my head 
Felt a lot of Stuff I had forgot about.
With my emotions in over drive lately I thought for sure I would be crying again this evening but instead I just feel really calm. 


If you ever wanted a peek inside my crazy brain here you go! 

NIN- something I can never have 
Fuel- bad day 
Grade- the inefficiency of emotion 
Glassjaw-when one eight becomes two zeros 
Rilo kiley - does he love you
Pearl jam - black  
Grade- seamless 
Glassjaw- apes dos mil 
NIN- gave up 
Poison the well - nerdy
Silverchair- do you feel the same? 
Grade- stolen bikes ride faster 
Rilo kiley- portions for foxes 
Grade- triumph & tragedy 
Pearl jam - elderly woman behind the counter in a small town
Silverchair-black tangled heart  
The postal service- such great heights 
Rilo Riley- silver lining 
Pearl jam- corduroy  
Glassjaw- must've run all day 
Rilo kiley- breaking up 
Our lady peace- somewhere out there
Pearl jam - rearview mirror
Alice in chains - would?

  

No comments: