Sunday, February 16, 2014

Typing on the keyboard again LOOK OUT

OK so I have cut off my lady talons and lets see how much easier it makes typing.
I am on Andrews laptop so i don't really like these keys all that much but it does seem a bit easier with shorter nails. my finger tips feel a bit more numb today than yesterday but who knows it all could be in my head.
I'm still not able to type like i used to and honestly that is probably going to take me awhile to get back there. Gotta retrain my hands to do what they should already know how to do.
i think I would be better off if  my damn ring and pinkey fingers would just learn to play nice.

I know my last post was very negative nancy and I apologize, but man yesterday was grump city around these parts!

Today so far has been a much more positive day.
Today was my 10mg of prednisone. They say it takes about 4 hours for it to hit your system so I guess in a few hours we will know for sure how I feel.

I need to email my doctor and find out what the weening steps will be after 60/0mg.
I'm hoping I then ween down the larger dose days. I hope that once this happens my moon face will start to slowly go away!

I was on IG earlier and looking under #cidp again and came across a person who has had it for 20 years. While generally her posts seemed positive one stuck out to me.
She said she has had this for 20 years without a remission and doctors don't listen to her because she doesn't look sick. Which makes me wonder if she is getting treatment or not.

My neuro said that this effects everyone differently and everyones idea of "remission" or "normal" is different. If I'm being honest at this point I just want my independence back.
I want to be able to walk a decent distance even if I need a walker to assist me.
I want to be able to do stairs and not be terrified of falling down.
I basically just want to have some days when i don't have to ask for help.
Thats all Im really asking and I think that is totally possible. I will get there I just hope that it happens sooner than later.

Today I am finally going to file my taxes! It will make me feel better to have that little extra cushion for my medical expenses.
Health insurance is expensive, but I think medical would be more costly.
especially since last year alone I had over 200k in expenses! Thank Batman above that I had insurance, because damn is IVIG expensive!

I also need to prepare my documents to send to the SS office.
I'm annoyed because they request original documents which is what i sent them last time and clearly they lost it if they are asking again! Well this time I will be making copies to keep with my documents. I probably should call the lady to see exactly what she wants to possibly avoid having to go through this again. I've been trying really hard to be patient, but thats not exactly my strong suite!
I am just keeping my fingers crossed that this will all work out. it would really do me good not to be stressed out about money. Stress is no good for even a healthy body.

Well my hands are starting to get tired so I will end this blog now.

Typing was far less frustrating today than yesterday so I guess I will just have to keep practicing!

No comments: