Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Sweet as sugar

So since it had been awhile since I checked my blood sugar (since July to be exact) I figured I probably should give it a go. Especially since I've had a mega sweet tooth lately and gained 30 pounds from my fabulous Steroids.
So I mosey on into the hall to get my Meter and decide to check it out.
Probably not the best idea since I just had consumed my valentines candy a few hours before but better to know than not to know right? 
Still in the clear! Doctor said as long as it's under 160 normally and 100 fasting it good. So at least that is a good thing right?

Heard back from my neuro in regards to weening and the steroids. 
Sadly based on my calendar this will take me well I to August. As much as I would love for that to just be here already and off the steroids and perhaps less a moon face I refuse to wish away the months! Every day is a new day to make progress. And I'm hoping every day will get easier and easier and that my body will accept the lower dosages of steroids! 

Also can I just say how OCD I have been lately with keeping track of symptoms and progress and how I'm feeling? When given this planner from my bestie for Christmas I wasn't sure I would use it but it's come in handy! 

I was told by several people that keeping a journal of symptoms was important to report back to neuro. So far it has been good and then I can make my list of questions and concerns for my next appointment. So far it's been working out really well. 

Minor update I know but I have been a little obsessed with blogging :) 


No comments: