Monday, November 3, 2014

all the small things

Well I never really know where to start these things.
I am attempting to type this on the actual computer ! Start time 1:45pm,  my typing isn;t exactly better my fingers are still numb and feel fat and clumsy. Guess it also doesn't help that the mac keyboard has the flat keys which makes them harder to press as it is. oh the woes of me.

Anyhow things have been going well.
I had my gallium scan a few weeks ago and I gotta say it was pretty uncomfortable to lay on a flat hard table with your arms above your head for a damn hour!
I kept trying to get a peek of the screen and see what showed up. The neuro had said only spots with inflammation would show so i was trying to cheat and take a look. It is so hard for me to constantly be waiting on answers! I am terrible at waiting (and waking up, seriously ask my mom)!
I actually emailed the doctors office this morning and inquired about the biopsy and hoping they will actually get back to me and let me know if that is going to be required or not.

Time check: 1:50 not too bad so i Guess maybe my typing is improving as well. (I got a little ahead of myself as that line was a definite finger fumble )

I am not entirely sure what i am hoping for with these test results i mean on the one hand it would be nice to finally have a concrete diagnosis but on the other a biopsy doesn't exactly sound thrilling if I'm being honest.

I have been trying to eat better which is proving to be challenging since well whenever anyone wants to do something it usually involves food. And well lets face it I do love food, especially Mexican food. I am down 7 pounds currently and my first goal is 8 pounds away. I wanted too lose 30 to start and that to be done by my besties birthday which is the end of January. Once I finish that then i will focus on the last 10! Losing weight has always been challenging for me and now it will be made even more difficult due to some of the swelling caused from my meds.

I'm just glad my steroid face is finally starting to subside!
When they tell you they think steroids will help you they never tell you what exactly they will do to your body! High dose steroids for 1 year did the following to mine:
40+ pounds gained
the worse stretch marks i have ever seen
Super sensitive stomach
crazy sleep schedule

But they also helped me walk again and for that i'm thankful. I'm not quite there just yet but i've come a really long way.

Well now that Ive probably bored you to death I think that will conclude todays update.

Time check: 2:04pm Not too shabby.

xo

No comments: